Mercedes Lamborelle JEWELS is a totally independent brand designing original jewellery in Switzerland.
Mercedes Lamborelle is a creative jewellery designer, offering contemporary jewellery and fashion accessories handmade by master artisans and goldsmiths in Peru. The brand is currently present in Switzerland and distributes worldwide through www.mercedeslamborelle.ch
Mercedes attended the University of Lima and received a License Degree in Communication & Media. She studied drawing and painting in the Museum of Art in Lima. Then, she obtained a Master Degree in Communication in ITESO, at Guadalajara University in Mexico.
In Switzerland, she studied Langue and French Civilization at the Geneva University and she worked within the United Nations as a Communication Specialist and Video Producer for e-Learning and social projects related to trade and development.
Mercedes' work has been featured in international publications and media.
After different experiences in developing countries and in Peru, she decided to create her own brands: ML Jewels and AWANA Alpaca.
In Geneva (2002), she began to commercialize her creations together with a selection of jewellery from several Peruvian designers and artists.
Each of her jewels and master pieces has an history and a symbolism. Her brands AWANA Alpaca and ML Jewels are commercialized in Switzerland.
Her paintings and collages are inspired from her trips.
She participated in several European trade fairs:
- AMBIENTE - Frankfurt, Germany
- BEA EXPO - Bern, Switzerland
- ORNARIS - Bern, Switzerland
- PALEXPO - Salon du Livre et de la Presse - Geneva, Switzerland
- Bourse internationale aux Minéraux, fossiles et gemmes - Geneva, Switzerland
- Les Automnales - Geneva, Switzerland
- Slow Design & Fashion Days - Geneva, Switzerland
- Salon UniCréa - Morges, Switzerland
- Tendance Life Style - Frankfurt, Germany with the support of SIPPO - Swiss Import Promotion Program (2004 - 2005) Contemporary Jewellery Promotion with other participants from Ghana, Indonesia and others Latin American countries.
Mercedes continue working with designs inspired by pre-Hispanic and Inca culture from Peru. She prepares new creations and drawings, expanding techniques and materials inspired by her last trips to Indochina, Mexico, Greece and England.
Mercedes jewellery creations have full of art, fashion and history.
Her ethnographic and cultural vision is expressed throughout.